National Honor Society Letters

Anna Zelenovich 
Columnist
NHS gave out letters to students so that
they can apply. Anna Zelenovich photo.

 Students have been receiving letters informing them if they are eligible to apply to be accepted into National Honors Society. NHS is a prestigious group of students who must maintain a high GPA, be active in servicing their community and stand out to teachers as leaders in the classroom. Once a student receives a letter inviting them to apply, there is a process each applicant must go through.
            Junior Holly Dannen received a letter.
“I am very honored that I got a letter, I am definitely going to complete the application process and I am hoping to get in,” said Dannen.
            NHS organizes many community service projects for those who are in already including annual blood drives and Meals for the Heartland.
            “I think it would be a great experience and NHS would allow me to become a leader and give me opportunities to make a difference in my school and community,” said Dannen.

            Applications are due February 26th, but if students have any questions or concerns, there will be a voluntary application session held on Wednesday February 24th to answer any questions that students who are applying might have. If students have any additional questions they can ask Mr. Busch, the National Honors Society adviser.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Human Geography FRQs

Stand for the Silent Posts Sticky Notes

Twitter Plans To Filter Out Hateful Content